A Library plays a vital role in the search of knowledge. It serves as the workshop for the entire college – students and faculty alike. Our College Library aims to support the teaching learning activity and also provide the students updated knowledge and to ensure the optimum utilization of the available resources
The Central library is situated on the top floor of the college wing. It occupies about 1934 sq. ft. and can accommodate about 100 students at a time. The library is provided with proper ventilation, lightning & fans.
Apart from the Central Library, the College has 7 departmental libraries under the control of respective departments.
This section has Encyclopedia, dictionaries, Textbooks, Reference books etc. which are only available for reference. User can make use of these resources.
Journal Section :
In these section journals, general magazines and news letter are available. They are arranged alphabetically. The latest issues are displayed on display rack and other previous issues are arranged in the drawer. Bound volumes of periodicals are arranged in rack alphabetically and are meant only for reference within the library
WORKING HOUR OF LIBRARY
- The library remains open from 9.30 AM to 4.30 PM. on all working days.
- Staff/Students should sign in the register kept at the entrance before entering the Library.
- Staff/Students can use the library to enhance their knowledge. No Ex – student or outsider will be allowed to use the library except by the Principal / Chairman permission.
- Students are admitted in the Library and Reading Room on the strength of a valid Identity Card.
- Complete silence must be maintained in & near the library.
- Staff/Students are not permitted to take personal belongings, personal copies of books or other printed materials / note books and any eatables inside the library.
- Show the books and other materials which are being taken out of the library to the staff at the entrance counter.
- The librarian may recall any book from any member at any time and the member shall return the same immediately.
- Pure reference books , issues of periodicals , magazines , and news papers will not be allowed out of the library
CARE OF LIBRARY
- Documents & Library equipment should be handled with care.
- Being an open- access library, users are advised not to replace the book to shelves after reference.
- Students are require to handle the books/ Journal very carefully; marking with pencil , writing or highlighting , tearing the pages or mutilating the same in any other way will be viewed very seriously. In such case reader shall be held responsible unless these are brought to the notice of the library staff at the time of issue.
CIRCULATION / OVER DUE OF BOOKS
- Books will be issued on presentation of the ID card. Students are instructed to check the books while borrowing and they will be responsible for any type of damage or mutilation noticed at the time of return.
- Books taken out by staff / students shall not be retained for more than a fortnight (14) days from the date of issue.
- Books will be reissued / renewed if there is no reservation. Only 2 consecutive renewals are permitted. For delay in returning of books, fine of Rs. 1/- per day will be charged.
- Reference books will not be issued on loan.
- Photocopying service is available in the Library. Document such as Seminar reports, Mini Project reports and Project reports will not be permitted for photocopying purpose.
LOSS / DAMAGE OF LIBRARY BOOKS
- Borrowers are responsible for the loss or damage to books taken out on loan or for consultation by them. The marking of books in ink or with pencil, spoiling or injury to binding, underling of passages, writing of remarks, etc., on the leaves of the books or on illustrations, tearing off pages, pictures, etc., will be held to be serious charges.
- Loss of books should be reported to the library immediately. It should be replaced with a new copy of the same / subsequent edition within the due date. If the book is not available, 3 times the cost of books and fine up to the date on which the book is replaced has to be paid. If the book is out of print, the replacement cost will be fixed according to the discretion of the Librarian depending upon the importance of the book.
- Staff/Final year students may use the Internet facility from the General Library on production of Identity Cards.
- Students must clear their dues before they receive their hall tickets for the Board Examinations (or) at the termination of their academic course or before they receive their Transfer Certificate, if they leave before the completion of their academic course.
- All books taken by the Teaching, Non-Teaching and Students are to be returned in time for Annual Stock Verification. All books are to be returned if a member of staff takes leave for more than a month / Transfer to another College.
INFRINGEMENT / COMPLAINTS
- Infringement of the library rules will result in the withdrawal of the library from the student and will be reported to the Principal for suitable action.
- In all matters regarding the library the decision of the principal /Chairman shall be final.
- Complaints and suggestions related to services from the Library shall be given in writing to the Principal
Co- operation of the students is earnestly sought in observing the rules